As part of the Neighbourhood Plan activity, a number of different community project ideas have been suggested by residents. One of these is upgrading the play equipment and facilities at Whitton Park.
At the moment this is just a potential idea. Nothing more. To gauge support for this particular project, and to allow us to more precisely understand what is needed, the NPAG team (the volunteer team working on the Neighbourhood Plan – see background below) is asking the Long Leys community and its neighbours to feed back their views on whether the Whitton Park play equipment should be upgraded, by email to NPAG@long-leys.org. If you feel it should be upgraded, we would also like to get feedback on:
- What should change about the play park generally?
- What age groups should be catered for within the play area?
- What sorts of equipment would you like to see added/retained?
- How secure the area should be and whether the area should be available 24 hours a day 7 days a week?
- What would be the benefits of upgrading the equipment?
- Would you be willing to help in defining how a new play area would look and be managed?
- Would you be willing to help the community by making grant applications or organising fundraising for upgrading the play park?
- Any other comments you would like to add?
If you want to contribute your views on this potential community project please email your feedback to NPAG@long-leys.org. Feedback received before 15 September will be reviewed by the NPAG team at its 18 September meeting, to decide on any further actions.
Background to Neighbourhood Plan
This particular activity is part of the Neighbourhood Planning project for Long Leys and supports the following focus area:
- Better care and protection for green spaces and wildlife
The Long Leys Neighbourhood Plan is being developed by LLRA and community volunteers, along with specialist support from a grant funded planning consultant and other specialist consultants. The overall project is being managed, on behalf of LLRA, by the Neighbourhood Planning Action Group (NPAG). If you would like to volunteer to help with any of the Neighbourhood Plan activity, which is 100% community led and controlled, then email us at NPAG@long-leys.org. Volunteers willingly give up their time to benefit the whole Long Leys community. See long-leys.org/neighbourhood-plan/ for more details on the project.