We love comments and feedback and appreciate the time members of the Long Leys Community spend providing ideas and suggestions that will improve the community we live in. We are also delighted to receive articles about the Long Leys area written by community members. Thank you to everyone who actively participates. We have already demonstrated that, with the whole community pulling together, we can achieve far more than individuals in isolation. It is our community and it is up to all of us to help shape it in the ways we want.
Guidelines for comments on Long Leys Community website
If you have not commented on the Long Leys Community website before, your first comment will be moderated against the guidelines below, before it is published. Once your first comment is published then future comments containing no links to other websites will be published automatically whilst they meet the comment guidelines. Comments with links to other websites will always be held for moderation so links can be checked.
- Please use your real name when leaving a comment, not a nickname, so that everyone in the Long Leys community can identify who is commenting. Also provide a valid email address. Your email address will not be published or used for purposes other than responding to your comment
- Please post comments relevant to the article you are commenting on. If you feel that other community topics should be covered then why not write an article yourself and email it to the website developers?
- Please keep all comments respectful and consider the feelings and self-esteem of all members of our community. Criticism directed at specific individuals will in no circumstances be published
- The site does not see itself as a messaging service for third parties. Sorry, the comment section does not exist for you to “pass-on” questions for other people or organisations other than the author of the article itself (if one is shown) or the site developers who are editorially responsible for all site content. The article author and the site developers are happy and able, time permitting, to engage in productive discussion. If you are serious in wanting an answer from a specific individual, council department or elected councillor then please have the courtesy to email them directly (see Local Information – Key Contacts section).
- Comments that moderators feel are abusive or potentially libellous will not be published.
- Multiple repeated comments will be treated as spam and may be removed.
These guidelines have been developed to ensure that this site works effectively for the whole community and maintains the self-esteem of all residents. We will generally engage, via email, with commenters whose comments fall outside of these guidelines to ensure that they have the opportunity to get their relevant points across.
The site developer is
Comments policy v1.3