LLRA’s 2023 AGM was held on Tuesday 13 June 2023, kindly hosted at the Discovery Cafe at St. George’s Hospital. Read 2023 AGM and Community Meeting Minutes.
- The LLRA financial report for 2022/23 was presented.
- Ben Hill was elected, and Jackie Ward re-elected to the Management Committee. Current committee consists of 8 residents: Gary Stimson (Chair), Keith Newsome (Vice Chair), Jon Davies (Secretary), Jackie Ward (Treasurer), Jim Hanrahan, Glenn Smith, Nick Wiles, Ben Hill.
- Thanks, and appreciation were given for the contribution and hard work of Emma Olivier Townrow who stood down after first joining the committee in 2017.
Community Meeting Summary:
- A variety of issues important to residents were discussed: including the planned new speed display and the 15-metre high 5G mast planning application.
- There was a brief reminder of the Neighbourhood Plan process. Grant funding, for a professional planning consultant for the 2023/24 year, is likely to open in coming weeks and when this is available further details will be communicated.
- Councillor Neil Murray explained that the city council were working with the Curtis family to achieve their objectives for the former bakery site. The council believes housing is the most suitable use, but any potential development should ideally encompass the whole of the Albion Works into one scheme, to include new facilities for residents such as a shop and a community hub. Timescale for potential development depends on a number of factors but 3-5 years seemed realistic.
- See minutes above for full details of what was discussed.