Following resident feedback, Transport Services have added three new bus stop signs on Long Leys Road, a welcome addition for those residents who didn’t know the bus service historically stopped in these locations.
The newly marked bus stops are at:
- Whitton Park side of Long Leys Road
- Opposite Whitton Park on Long Leys Road
- Opposite Gervas House on Long Leys Road (attached to a Warning sign)
The Gervas House bus stop sign location is a temporary one. A separate bus stop pole will be installed nearby when LCC resources become available. LLRA had requested the stop be placed by 137 Long Leys Road but when a survey was done, Road Safety Partnership advised this was too close to the junctions and the pedestrian refuges for an official bus stop. As a result the stop was moved 50 metres further North along Long Leys Road.
These bus stops (along with the existing four locations) can be used to access both Route 20 (Mon-Fri) and CallConnect (Sat) services. Please do consider if the Route 20 bus can be a better alternative to driving/parking in Lincoln City Centre for some of your journeys.
- LLRA are aware of two journeys on Route 20 on Tuesday (12 June 2018) which did not operate due to a driver mix up. Stagecoach have apologised for this and are looking to resolve.
- DialaRide have offered to run a Monday morning Shopper Bus for those with mobility problems using public transport. See DialaRide post for further details.
- LLRA, along with WERA and Councillor Robert Parker are looking to meet with Transport Services in mid July to discuss direct access to Burton Road. Currently bus access is available via the Transport Hub.