Refuse Collection Changes
City of Lincoln Council has advised the following changes to the waste and refuse collections:
- Wednesday, December 25 changes to Saturday, December 21
- Thursday, December 26 changes to Saturday, December 28
Waste collection must be presented by 7am on the day of collection.
Christmas Tree Recycling
We know that there will be hundreds of real Christmas trees bringing joy to households in Lincoln, but for when the time comes to dispose of your tree, there are three easy options:
1. If you are subscribed to the Garden Waste Service, your tree can be chopped up and placed in your green bin
2. Present your tree with your black bin for collections from 6th to 20th January 2020. Please note, your Christmas tree will not be taken with your black bin as it will be collected by another vehicle on the same day as your black bin collection
3. Dispose of your tree by visiting the Household Waste Recycling Centre, Great Northern Terrace, Lincoln, LN5 8LG, but remember to check the opening times before packing your tree in the car!
Don’t Put Grease, Grub or Glitter In The Recycling Bin
Provided by Lincolnshire County Council. Read more about waste and recycling at at: lincolnshire.gov.uk/recycling-waste
- Here’s a handy reminder… this #Christmas please keep grease, grub and glitter out of your #recycling!
- Grease, grub and glitter contaminate our clean and dry #recycling. Please put all these in your black bin.
- Wrapping paper and cards containing glitter can’t be recycled. Remember the three Gs: no grease, no grub, no glitter in your recycling.
- No Christmas dinner leftovers in your recycling! Grub is one of the three G’s that shouldn’t be in your recycling.
- Wrapping paper: Here’s a great video to remind you about the scrunch test. A quick and helpful way to find out if your glitter-free #wrappingpaper can be #recycled.