Calling budding photographers in Long Leys, of all ages. We are proud of our local wildlife and green spaces. To celebrate these and the arrival of spring, LLRA is running a photo competition open to all Long Leys residents. The under 12 age category is also open to children resident in the West End and any child who attends St Faith and St Martin Juniors, St Faith’s Infant School, St Peter in Eastgate Infant School or Westgate Academy.
Simply take a photograph which you feel best reflects the “green look and feel” of Long Leys or West Common. It could be a special bird in your garden, a mini beast in its lair, or a landscape that captures your imagination.
The photograph can be taken on any device (camera, phone, tablet) and there are prizes of £20 Tesco vouchers, for the best photograph from each of:
- Under 12’s
- Under 18’s
The competition will be judged by two professional photographers, Paul Massey and Steve Smailes and the winning pictures will also be displayed on the long-leys.org website and social media. Entries must be received no later than Monday 10 May 2021.
How to Enter
Email a digital version of your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org, ideally in JPEG format of no more than 10MB in size, along with:
- Your name and address
- The age category you are entering it in (please mention your school for the under 12 category)
- The title of your photograph
- The approximate location where the photograph was taken.
Photo Contest Rules
All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- The photo must be in its original state and should not be altered in any way, including removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame.
- Entries will be judged by LLRA . All decisions are final. LLRA reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by the LLRA for advertising purposes.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is non-transferable.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after five days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.